Healthgrades Advertising Policy
This content is selected and managed by the Healthgrades editorial staff and is brought to you by an advertising sponsor.
Health Grades, Inc. (“Healthgrades”) has established the following Advertising Policy (the “Policy”) to govern Advertising on the Healthgrades sites located at www.healthgrades.com., www.wrongdiagnosis.com, www.rightdiagnosis.com, www.bettermedicine.com, www.cureresearch.com, and www.physicianreports.com (the “Sites”). The term “Advertising” means third party banners, badges, text advertising, digital video advertising, sponsored content and/or promotions. Healthgrades may change this Policy at any time in its sole discretion by posting a revised Policy to the Sites. Healthgrades has and retains sole and absolute discretion with respect to interpreting and enforcing this Policy and all other issues associated with Advertising on the Sites.
Healthgrades may, in its sole discretion, determine the types of Advertising that it will accept and display on the Sites. However, Healthgrades’ acceptance of any Advertising will in no event be deemed an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that manufactures, distributes or promotes the products or services.
Healthgrades will not permit certain types of Advertising on the Sites at any time, including but not limited to Advertising that promotes the following:
- false or factually inaccurate content
- misleading, deceptive or fraudulent content
- health claims that are not adequately substantiated
- online pharmacies that are not compliant with the Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites (VIPPS) program
- illegal, controversial or objectionable services, products or positions content that discriminates against, ridicules or disparages an individual or group on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability or any other status that Healthgrades deems inappropriate for the Sites
- material that directly advertises products to, or is intended to attract, children
- firearms, ammunition or weapons designed to inflict serious bodily harm
With respect to alcohol and tobacco advertising, Healthgrades does not accept Advertising that promotes tobacco or alcohol products; however, Healthgrades might accept promotions for educational campaigns such as smoking cessation and responsible drinking messages that are consistent with genuine efforts to educate consumers, rather than surreptitious attempts to promote consumption of alcohol and tobacco.
Advertiser shall ensure that it complies with all applicable U.S. and foreign laws and regulations. Healthgrades has no obligation to monitor compliance with applicable laws and regulations; however, Healthgrades reserves the right to review all Advertising and, if Healthgrades becomes aware of any breach or potential breach of any applicable law or regulation, then Healthgrades may remove the Advertising.
Advertiser shall ensure that all Advertising on the Sites is clearly and unambiguously identified. The word “Advertisement” shall be used adjacent to the Advertising. Healthgrades requires use of “Provided by” or “Sponsored by” terminology to identify content that is created or influenced by an advertiser so that Site users can distinguish such content from editorially independent content for which Healthgrades has sole editorial control. Site users can recognize advertiser-influenced content on the Sites by use of the “Provided by” or “Sponsored by” label and the name of the advertiser, which will appear in the sponsored content.