Zinc Oxide Topical cream
What is this medicine?
ZINC OXIDE is used to treat or prevent minor skin irritations such as burns, cuts, and diaper rash. Some products may be used as a sunscreen.
How should I use this medicine?
This medicine is for external use only. Do not take by mouth. Follow the directions on the prescription or product label. Wash your hands before and after use. Apply a generous amount to the affected area. Do not cover with a bandage or dressing unless your doctor or health care professional tells you to. Do not get this medicine in your eyes. If you do, rinse out with plenty of cool tap water. Read More ›
Carlesta can be used to treat the following conditions:
- diaper dermatitis
- insect bites or stings
- Rhus dermatitis
- skin abrasion
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. While this drug may be prescribed for selected conditions, precautions do apply.
What side effects may I notice from receiving this medicine?
There have been no side effects reported this medicine. If you experience any unusual effects while using zinc oxide, contact your doctor or health care professional right away.
What may interact with this medicine?
Interactions are not expected. Do not use other skin products at the same site without asking your doctor or health care professional.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, use only that dose. Do not use double or extra doses.
Where should I keep my medicine?
Keep out of reach of children.
Store at room temperature. Keep closed while not in use. Throw away an unused medicine after the expiration date.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
an unusual or allergic reaction to zinc oxide, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
pregnant or trying to get pregnant
What should I watch for while using this medicine?
Tell your doctor or health care professional if the area you are treating does not get better within a week.
Who should not take Carlesta?
Check with your doctor if you have any of the following:
Copyright: © 2000-2010 The StayWell Company, 780 Township Line Road, Yardley, PA 19067. All rights reserved. This information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical care. Always follow your healthcare professional's instructions.
15 Ways To Get Better Medicine
People who are actively involved in their medical care stay healthier, recover quicker when they're ill, and live longer, healthier lives.
Take the first step toward Better Medicine.
- Be a Savvy Medical Consumer
- Be an Active Patient
- Communicate with Your Health Care Provider
- Control Surgical Costs
- Control Your Medical Costs
- Cut Your Hospital Bills
- Evaluate Your Health Care Providers
- Find Dr. Right
- Get Optimal Medical Care
- Get the Health Care You Need
- Hold Down Specialist Costs
- Make Better Treatment Decisions
- Plan for Long-Term Care
- Prepare for Scheduled or Elective Surgery
- Take Part in Every Medical Decision
What's Causing Your Symptoms?
- When children show signs of an eating disorder
- 7 proven treatments for arthritis pain
- Why women can't sleep
- What pain meds are OK if you're on prednisone?
- Teenage depression: What you need to know
- Top forms of birth control
- Is medication causing your weight gain?
- The 90-day guide to getting pregnant
Comprehensive Coverage | Hundreds of Topics
- Migraines | Memory | Brain and Nerves
- Raynaud's | Trigs | Heart, Blood and Circulation
- Carnival Risks | BBQ Safety | Injuries and Wounds
- Spring Rx | Food Allergies | Asthma | Immune System
- Science | Survivors | News | Risk | Cancer
- Bacterial | Viral | Infections and Contagious Diseases
- Crohn's | Ab Swelling | GERD | Digestive System
- RA | Soft Tissue | Pain | Bones, Joints and Muscles
- Hearing | Allergies | Ear, Nose and Throat
- View More ›
- Menopause, Maybe | Female Reproductive System
- Type 2 Tips | Diabetes and the Endocrine System
- Cataracts | Eye Symptoms | Eyes and Vision
- Organic or Not? | Food, Nutrition and Diet
- Bad Genes | Genetics and Birth Defects
- Bladder Bothers | Kidneys and the Urinary System
- Nocturnal Asthma | Lungs and Breathing
- Sperm Health | Male Reproductive System
- Schizophrenia Meds | Mental Health and Behavior
- Metabolism Myths | Metabolic System
- Whitening 411 | Mouth, Teeth and Oral Health
- Wild Mushrooms | Poisoning and Environmental Health
- Making Love Last | Sexual Health
- Radiance | Rash | Cancer | Skin, Hair and Nails