Health Tip: Living With Fibromyalgia
(HealthDay News) -- Fibromyalgia is a little-understood disorder that causes pain and other symptoms throughout the body.
The womenshealth.gov website offers these suggestions for better living with fibromyalgia:
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Exercise as much as you can. Try to be physically active as much as possible if fibromyalgia pain prevents you from exercising.
- Make adjustments at work to help you better manage fibromyalgia. Examples could include reducing your hours or switching to a less demanding job.
- Eat a nutritious, balanced diet.
- Talk to your doctor about ways to control pain.
- Seek emotional support from friends and family members.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Take a Personalized Health Test
Expert Advice from Harvard Medical School
Fibromyalgia Related Conditions
Health Tools & Calculators
Health News TodayFeed
- Brain Scans Show Fibromyalgia Patients Process Pain Differently11/05/2013
- Fibromyalgia Might Be Harder on Younger Patients, Study Finds10/29/2013
- Lyrica May Ease Pain for Depressed Fibromyalgia Patients10/28/2013
- New Clues to Fibromyalgia's Causes08/06/2013
- Nerve Stimulation Might Ease Fibromyalgia Pain06/10/2013
- View More Fibromyalgia News