Health Tip: Living With Fibromyalgia
(HealthDay News) -- Fibromyalgia is a little-understood disorder that causes pain and other symptoms throughout the body.
The womenshealth.gov website offers these suggestions for better living with fibromyalgia:
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Exercise as much as you can. Try to be physically active as much as possible if fibromyalgia pain prevents you from exercising.
- Make adjustments at work to help you better manage fibromyalgia. Examples could include reducing your hours or switching to a less demanding job.
- Eat a nutritious, balanced diet.
- Talk to your doctor about ways to control pain.
- Seek emotional support from friends and family members.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Health News TodayFeed
- Exercise May Ease Pain of Fibromyalgia, Study Suggests 05/10/2013
- Fibromyalgia Diagnosis Often Missed in Men: Study 12/27/2012
- Health Tip: Help Ease Fibromyalgia Symptoms 09/11/2012
- Health Tip: Living With Fibromyalgia 08/30/2012
- Health Tip: Defining Fibromyalgia 08/22/2012
- View More Fibromyalgia News
Your Guide to Fibromyalgia
Take a Personalized Health Test
What's Causing Your Symptoms?
15 Ways To Get Better Medicine
People who are actively involved in their medical care stay healthier, recover quicker when they're ill, and live longer, healthier lives.