Health Tip: Living With Fibromyalgia
(HealthDay News) -- Fibromyalgia is a little-understood disorder that causes pain and other symptoms throughout the body.
The womenshealth.gov website offers these suggestions for better living with fibromyalgia:
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Exercise as much as you can. Try to be physically active as much as possible if fibromyalgia pain prevents you from exercising.
- Make adjustments at work to help you better manage fibromyalgia. Examples could include reducing your hours or switching to a less demanding job.
- Eat a nutritious, balanced diet.
- Talk to your doctor about ways to control pain.
- Seek emotional support from friends and family members.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Take a Personalized Health Test
Expert Advice from Harvard Medical School
Fibromyalgia Related Conditions
Health Tools & Calculators
Health News TodayFeed
- Oxygen Chamber Therapy May Ease Fibromyalgia, Study Suggests06/24/2015
- Lidocaine Injection May Help Treat Fibromyalgia, Study Suggests08/05/2014
- Electrical Brain Stimulation Might Help Fibromyalgia Patients03/26/2014
- Most Teens With Fibromyalgia Suffer Pain, Fatigue as Adults02/26/2014
- Restless Sleep Linked to Widespread Pain in Older Adults02/13/2014
- View More Fibromyalgia News