Health Tip: Help Ease Fibromyalgia Symptoms
(HealthDay News) -- If you've gone to the doctor complaining of widespread aches and pains without an obvious cause, it's possible you've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia.
The womenshealth.gov website provides these suggestions to help manage this often-misunderstood disorder:
- Get plenty of quality sleep each night.
- Be physically active. Perform gentle exercises, if possible.
- Make adjustments at the office, such as cutting back on hours to adjusting the type of work you do.
- Eat a healthy, balanced and nutritious diet.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Health News TodayFeed
- Exercise May Ease Pain of Fibromyalgia, Study Suggests 05/10/2013
- Fibromyalgia Diagnosis Often Missed in Men: Study 12/27/2012
- Health Tip: Help Ease Fibromyalgia Symptoms 09/11/2012
- Health Tip: Living With Fibromyalgia 08/30/2012
- Health Tip: Defining Fibromyalgia 08/22/2012
- View More Fibromyalgia News
Your Guide to Fibromyalgia
Take a Personalized Health Test
What's Causing Your Symptoms?
15 Ways To Get Better Medicine
People who are actively involved in their medical care stay healthier, recover quicker when they're ill, and live longer, healthier lives.