Health Tip: Exercising With Diabetes
(HealthDay News) -- Becoming active and exercising daily benefits almost anyone -- even those with a chronic health condition. But you should always get your doctor's approval.
The American Diabetes Association offers these suggestions for diabetics who want to start an exercise program:
- Choose favorite activities, making sure they're easy to fit into your day.
- Set small goals and start gradually. Schedule a number of 10-minute mini-workouts throughout your day, instead of one long workout.
- Find an exercise buddy to help motivate you.
- Set specific, realistic goals. Be sure to write them down.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Spotlight on Diabetes
Expert Advice from Harvard Medical School
Health News TodayFeed
- Combo Diabetes Therapy Outperforms Other Treatments, Study Finds09/12/2014
- Scientists Unlock a Key to Cell Stress09/11/2014
- Statins May Help Prevent Diabetes-Related Nerve Damage, Study Finds09/10/2014
- Obesity Fueling Rise in Diabetes Rates, Study Finds09/02/2014
- Low Birth Weights May Put Black Women at Risk for Diabetes08/21/2014
- View More Diabetes News