Health Tip: Exercising With Diabetes
(HealthDay News) -- Becoming active and exercising daily benefits almost anyone -- even those with a chronic health condition. But you should always get your doctor's approval.
The American Diabetes Association offers these suggestions for diabetics who want to start an exercise program:
- Choose favorite activities, making sure they're easy to fit into your day.
- Set small goals and start gradually. Schedule a number of 10-minute mini-workouts throughout your day, instead of one long workout.
- Find an exercise buddy to help motivate you.
- Set specific, realistic goals. Be sure to write them down.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Spotlight on Diabetes
Expert Advice from Harvard Medical School
Health News TodayFeed
- Cost of Diabetes Care Keeps Climbing, Report Shows11/20/2014
- Nearly 3 in 10 Americans With Diabetes Don't Know It: Study11/18/2014
- Sleep Apnea Linked to Kidney Disease Progression in Diabetics11/14/2014
- Weight-Loss Surgery Has Low Complication Rates, Study Finds11/06/2014
- Weight-Loss Surgery Lowers Type 2 Diabetes Risk, Study Shows11/03/2014
- View More Diabetes News