Health Tip: Exercising With Diabetes
(HealthDay News) -- Becoming active and exercising daily benefits almost anyone -- even those with a chronic health condition. But you should always get your doctor's approval.
The American Diabetes Association offers these suggestions for diabetics who want to start an exercise program:
- Choose favorite activities, making sure they're easy to fit into your day.
- Set small goals and start gradually. Schedule a number of 10-minute mini-workouts throughout your day, instead of one long workout.
- Find an exercise buddy to help motivate you.
- Set specific, realistic goals. Be sure to write them down.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Spotlight on Diabetes
Expert Advice from Harvard Medical School
Health News TodayFeed
- Depression Plus Diabetes May Boost Dementia Risk04/15/2015
- More TV Time May Mean Higher Diabetes Risk, Study Finds04/02/2015
- Study Ties Frequent Antibiotic Use to Higher Odds for Type 2 Diabetes03/25/2015
- Latest Diabetes Care Guidelines Focus on Individual Approach03/23/2015
- Adopting U.S. Culture Ups Diabetes Risk in Mexican-American Kids03/23/2015
- View More Diabetes News