Health Tip: Exercising With Diabetes
(HealthDay News) -- Becoming active and exercising daily benefits almost anyone -- even those with a chronic health condition. But you should always get your doctor's approval.
The American Diabetes Association offers these suggestions for diabetics who want to start an exercise program:
- Choose favorite activities, making sure they're easy to fit into your day.
- Set small goals and start gradually. Schedule a number of 10-minute mini-workouts throughout your day, instead of one long workout.
- Find an exercise buddy to help motivate you.
- Set specific, realistic goals. Be sure to write them down.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Top Features of the Endocrine System
Popular Diabetes Related Slide Show
Diabetes and Endocrine System Quizzes
Health News TodayFeed
- Some Diabetes Drugs May Affect Cancer Risk in Women: Study12/06/2013
- FDA to Lift Restrictions on Diabetes Drug Avandia11/25/2013
- 'Healthy' Obesity May Still Carry Higher Health Risks11/20/2013
- Could Elite Athletes Have Lower Risk for Diabetes?11/18/2013
- New Study Paints Grim Health Picture for Obese Teens11/18/2013
- View More Diabetes and the Endocrine System News