Health Tip: Exercising With Diabetes
(HealthDay News) -- Becoming active and exercising daily benefits almost anyone -- even those with a chronic health condition. But you should always get your doctor's approval.
The American Diabetes Association offers these suggestions for diabetics who want to start an exercise program:
- Choose favorite activities, making sure they're easy to fit into your day.
- Set small goals and start gradually. Schedule a number of 10-minute mini-workouts throughout your day, instead of one long workout.
- Find an exercise buddy to help motivate you.
- Set specific, realistic goals. Be sure to write them down.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Top Features of the Endocrine System
Popular Diabetes Related Slide Show
Diabetes and Endocrine System Quizzes
Health News TodayFeed
- Diabetes Complication Rates Drop Among U.S. Adults04/16/2014
- FDA Approves New Type 2 Diabetes Drug04/15/2014
- Nearly 10 Percent of U.S. Adults Now Have Diabetes: Study04/14/2014
- Clues to Type 2 Diabetes Discovered on Mount Everest04/14/2014
- A Doctor's 'People Skills' Affects Patients' Health04/10/2014
- View More Diabetes and the Endocrine System News