Health Tip: Exercising With Diabetes
(HealthDay News) -- Becoming active and exercising daily benefits almost anyone -- even those with a chronic health condition. But you should always get your doctor's approval.
The American Diabetes Association offers these suggestions for diabetics who want to start an exercise program:
- Choose favorite activities, making sure they're easy to fit into your day.
- Set small goals and start gradually. Schedule a number of 10-minute mini-workouts throughout your day, instead of one long workout.
- Find an exercise buddy to help motivate you.
- Set specific, realistic goals. Be sure to write them down.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Top Features of the Endocrine System
Popular Diabetes Related Slide Show
Diabetes and Endocrine System Quizzes
Health News TodayFeed
- 40 Percent of Americans Will Develop Diabetes, CDC Projects08/13/2014
- Coaching May Help Diabetics Battle Depression, Disease Better08/06/2014
- Cholesterol Drugs' Benefits Far Outweigh Side Effects, Review Finds08/05/2014
- Poor People With Diabetes Much More Likely to Lose a Limb: Study08/04/2014
- FDA Approves New Type 2 Diabetes Drug08/01/2014
- View More Diabetes and the Endocrine System News