Symptoms of Ankle Fracture
(HealthDay News) -- An ankle injury may be difficult to diagnose as a sprain or fracture, but any obvious ankle injury should be evaluated by a doctor.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says symptoms of a fractured ankle include:
- Immediate and severe pain.
- Injury is tender to the touch.
- Inability to put weight on the ankle.
- The bone appears deformed or out of place.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Top Features in Bones, Joints and Muscles
Popular Bones, Joints and Muscle Slide Shows
Quizzes on Bones, Joints and Muscles
Health News TodayFeed
- New Knees, Hips May Also Help the Heart03/11/2014
- Knee Pain May Not Be Helped by Glucosamine03/11/2014
- Hip Replacement Safe for Patients in Their 90s, Study Finds03/11/2014
- Will You Need Knee Replacement? Maybe Your Hand Can Tell You03/07/2014
- For Many College Athletes, the Payoff Is Lifelong Disabilities: Study03/05/2014
- View More Bones, Joints and Muscles News