Symptoms of Ankle Fracture
(HealthDay News) -- An ankle injury may be difficult to diagnose as a sprain or fracture, but any obvious ankle injury should be evaluated by a doctor.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says symptoms of a fractured ankle include:
- Immediate and severe pain.
- Injury is tender to the touch.
- Inability to put weight on the ankle.
- The bone appears deformed or out of place.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Top Features in Bones, Joints and Muscles
Popular Bones, Joints and Muscle Slide Shows
Quizzes on Bones, Joints and Muscles
Health News TodayFeed
- Young People With Epilepsy Face Higher Injury Risk: Study04/14/2014
- Getting in Front of Back Pain04/12/2014
- Rheumatoid Arthritis May Harm Kidneys04/11/2014
- Muscle Weakness May Persist for Months After ICU Stay04/07/2014
- Drinking Milk May Slow Knee Arthritis in Women, Study Finds04/07/2014
- View More Bones, Joints and Muscles News