Symptoms of Ankle Fracture
(HealthDay News) -- An ankle injury may be difficult to diagnose as a sprain or fracture, but any obvious ankle injury should be evaluated by a doctor.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says symptoms of a fractured ankle include:
- Immediate and severe pain.
- Injury is tender to the touch.
- Inability to put weight on the ankle.
- The bone appears deformed or out of place.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Health News TodayFeed
- Age, Other Illnesses May Make Prostate Cancer Treatment Unnecessary 05/21/2013
- Sugar Injections for Knee Arthritis May Ease Pain: Study 05/20/2013
- Extra Vitamin D May Ease Crohn's Symptoms, Study Finds 05/20/2013
- Health Tip: Coping With Shoulder Arthritis 05/06/2013
- Women Who Smoke May Have Higher Risk for Rheumatoid Arthritis 04/26/2013
- View More Bones, Joints and Muscles News
Take a Personalized Health Test
What's Causing Your Symptoms?
15 Ways To Get Better Medicine
People who are actively involved in their medical care stay healthier, recover quicker when they're ill, and live longer, healthier lives.