Symptoms of Ankle Fracture
(HealthDay News) -- An ankle injury may be difficult to diagnose as a sprain or fracture, but any obvious ankle injury should be evaluated by a doctor.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says symptoms of a fractured ankle include:
- Immediate and severe pain.
- Injury is tender to the touch.
- Inability to put weight on the ankle.
- The bone appears deformed or out of place.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Top Features in Bones, Joints and Muscles
Popular Bones, Joints and Muscle Slide Shows
Quizzes on Bones, Joints and Muscles
Health News TodayFeed
- Health Tip: Exercising With Arthritis12/09/2013
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients See Big Boost in Quality of Life12/03/2013
- Drinking Milk as Teens Might Not Protect Men's Bones, Study Suggests11/19/2013
- Timely Surgery Tied to Better Outcomes After Hip Fracture11/18/2013
- Arthritis Drug Could Benefit Some Kidney Disease Patients11/08/2013
- View More Bones, Joints and Muscles News