Symptoms of Ankle Fracture
(HealthDay News) -- An ankle injury may be difficult to diagnose as a sprain or fracture, but any obvious ankle injury should be evaluated by a doctor.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says symptoms of a fractured ankle include:
- Immediate and severe pain.
- Injury is tender to the touch.
- Inability to put weight on the ankle.
- The bone appears deformed or out of place.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Top Features in Bones, Joints and Muscles
Popular Bones, Joints and Muscle Slide Shows
Quizzes on Bones, Joints and Muscles
Health News TodayFeed
- Salty Foods May Double Smokers' Risk of Rheumatoid Arthritis09/12/2014
- Positions Are Key When Sex Causes Back Pain09/10/2014
- Short Walks Can Offset Long Stretches of Sitting09/09/2014
- Osteoporosis Drugs Work, But Review Finds No Clear Winner09/08/2014
- More Evidence Ties Some Bone-Building Drugs to Rare Fractures09/04/2014
- View More Bones, Joints and Muscles News