Symptoms of Ankle Fracture
(HealthDay News) -- An ankle injury may be difficult to diagnose as a sprain or fracture, but any obvious ankle injury should be evaluated by a doctor.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says symptoms of a fractured ankle include:
- Immediate and severe pain.
- Injury is tender to the touch.
- Inability to put weight on the ankle.
- The bone appears deformed or out of place.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Top Features in Bones, Joints and Muscles
Popular Bones, Joints and Muscle Slide Shows
Quizzes on Bones, Joints and Muscles
Health News TodayFeed
- Running Won't Raise Risk of Knee Arthritis, Study Says11/17/2014
- Exercise, Physical Therapy May Help Ease Pain of Arthritis11/17/2014
- Rheumatoid Arthritis in Moms-to-Be Linked to Premature Births11/13/2014
- Three-Quarters of Young Baseball Players Have Arm Pain11/11/2014
- Lower Doses of Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs May Work for Some11/05/2014
- View More Bones, Joints and Muscles News