Symptoms of Ankle Fracture
(HealthDay News) -- An ankle injury may be difficult to diagnose as a sprain or fracture, but any obvious ankle injury should be evaluated by a doctor.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says symptoms of a fractured ankle include:
- Immediate and severe pain.
- Injury is tender to the touch.
- Inability to put weight on the ankle.
- The bone appears deformed or out of place.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Top Features in Bones, Joints and Muscles
Popular Bones, Joints and Muscle Slide Shows
Quizzes on Bones, Joints and Muscles
Health News TodayFeed
- Knee Replacement May Ease Pain for Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients07/30/2015
- Standing All Day at Work? It May Take Toll on Health07/28/2015
- Could Antibiotics Raise a Child's Risk for Juvenile Arthritis?07/20/2015
- Better Sleep May Mean Less Chronic Pain07/17/2015
- Health Tip: Why Muscles Cramp07/15/2015
- View More Bones, Joints and Muscles News