Symptoms of Ankle Fracture
(HealthDay News) -- An ankle injury may be difficult to diagnose as a sprain or fracture, but any obvious ankle injury should be evaluated by a doctor.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says symptoms of a fractured ankle include:
- Immediate and severe pain.
- Injury is tender to the touch.
- Inability to put weight on the ankle.
- The bone appears deformed or out of place.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Top Features in Bones, Joints and Muscles
Popular Bones, Joints and Muscle Slide Shows
Quizzes on Bones, Joints and Muscles
Health News TodayFeed
- Knee Pain While Using Stairs May Be First Sign of Arthritis01/22/2015
- Falls on the Rise Among U.S. Seniors01/19/2015
- The Mind May Be a Muscle Booster01/12/2015
- Knee Arthritis Drugs Beat Placebos, but Study Finds No Clear Winner01/06/2015
- Health Tip: Soothe Sore Muscles12/24/2014
- View More Bones, Joints and Muscles News