Symptoms of Ankle Fracture
(HealthDay News) -- An ankle injury may be difficult to diagnose as a sprain or fracture, but any obvious ankle injury should be evaluated by a doctor.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says symptoms of a fractured ankle include:
- Immediate and severe pain.
- Injury is tender to the touch.
- Inability to put weight on the ankle.
- The bone appears deformed or out of place.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Top Features in Bones, Joints and Muscles
Popular Bones, Joints and Muscle Slide Shows
Quizzes on Bones, Joints and Muscles
Health News TodayFeed
- 'Little League Shoulder' on the Rise07/17/2014
- Dance Those Cares Away!06/27/2014
- Injection Treatment No Help for Hamstring Injuries, Study Says06/25/2014
- Anesthesia Type May Affect Recovery From Hip Fracture Repair06/24/2014
- Hairless Man Now Hairy, Thanks to Arthritis Drug06/20/2014
- View More Bones, Joints and Muscles News