Symptoms of Ankle Fracture
(HealthDay News) -- An ankle injury may be difficult to diagnose as a sprain or fracture, but any obvious ankle injury should be evaluated by a doctor.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says symptoms of a fractured ankle include:
- Immediate and severe pain.
- Injury is tender to the touch.
- Inability to put weight on the ankle.
- The bone appears deformed or out of place.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Top Features in Bones, Joints and Muscles
Popular Bones, Joints and Muscle Slide Shows
Quizzes on Bones, Joints and Muscles
Health News TodayFeed
- Some Arthritis Meds Cost Seniors Thousands Annually04/21/2015
- Muscle Strength Helps Baseball Pitchers Avoid Injury04/13/2015
- Bone-Building Drug Strengthened Hips, Spines of Frail Women in Study04/13/2015
- Health Tip: Common Causes of Foot Arthritis04/10/2015
- Night Owls Run Higher Risk of Health Problems, Study Finds04/01/2015
- View More Bones, Joints and Muscles News