Symptoms of Ankle Fracture
(HealthDay News) -- An ankle injury may be difficult to diagnose as a sprain or fracture, but any obvious ankle injury should be evaluated by a doctor.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says symptoms of a fractured ankle include:
- Immediate and severe pain.
- Injury is tender to the touch.
- Inability to put weight on the ankle.
- The bone appears deformed or out of place.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Top Features in Bones, Joints and Muscles
Popular Bones, Joints and Muscle Slide Shows
Quizzes on Bones, Joints and Muscles
Health News TodayFeed
- Is Milk Your Friend or Foe?10/29/2014
- Health Tip: Cooking Can Be Challenging With Arthritis10/28/2014
- For a Child's Fracture, Use Ibuprofen, Not Morphine: Study10/27/2014
- Osteoporosis Screening Guidelines May Miss Younger Women at Risk10/24/2014
- Study Finds Kidney Stones Linked to Weakened Bones10/23/2014
- View More Bones, Joints and Muscles News