Symptoms of Ankle Fracture
(HealthDay News) -- An ankle injury may be difficult to diagnose as a sprain or fracture, but any obvious ankle injury should be evaluated by a doctor.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says symptoms of a fractured ankle include:
- Immediate and severe pain.
- Injury is tender to the touch.
- Inability to put weight on the ankle.
- The bone appears deformed or out of place.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Top Features in Bones, Joints and Muscles
Popular Bones, Joints and Muscle Slide Shows
Quizzes on Bones, Joints and Muscles
Health News TodayFeed
- Gout's Silver Lining: A Lower Risk for Alzheimer's?03/05/2015
- Early Hospital Release May Hurt Broken-Hip Patients02/25/2015
- Certain Painkillers Ill-Advised After Heart Attack: Study02/24/2015
- Tropical Virus Symptoms Can Mimic Rheumatoid Arthritis: Study02/20/2015
- Researchers Measure Scope of Muscular Dystrophies That Strike Boys02/20/2015
- View More Bones, Joints and Muscles News