Symptoms of Ankle Fracture
(HealthDay News) -- An ankle injury may be difficult to diagnose as a sprain or fracture, but any obvious ankle injury should be evaluated by a doctor.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says symptoms of a fractured ankle include:
- Immediate and severe pain.
- Injury is tender to the touch.
- Inability to put weight on the ankle.
- The bone appears deformed or out of place.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Top Features in Bones, Joints and Muscles
Popular Bones, Joints and Muscle Slide Shows
Quizzes on Bones, Joints and Muscles
Health News TodayFeed
- Many More Women Than Men Living to 10006/25/2015
- 'Skinny Jeans' Linked to Woman's Nerve Damage06/23/2015
- Keep Safety in Mind When Skateboarding06/21/2015
- Study Questions Value of Arthroscopic Knee Surgery for Older Patients06/17/2015
- Injuries Up Risk of Psoriatic Arthritis for People With Psoriasis06/12/2015
- View More Bones, Joints and Muscles News