Symptoms of Ankle Fracture
(HealthDay News) -- An ankle injury may be difficult to diagnose as a sprain or fracture, but any obvious ankle injury should be evaluated by a doctor.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says symptoms of a fractured ankle include:
- Immediate and severe pain.
- Injury is tender to the touch.
- Inability to put weight on the ankle.
- The bone appears deformed or out of place.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Top Features in Bones, Joints and Muscles
Popular Bones, Joints and Muscle Slide Shows
Quizzes on Bones, Joints and Muscles
Health News TodayFeed
- Severe Hot Flashes During Menopause May Raise Hip Fracture Risk Later: Study12/18/2014
- Health Tip: Spot the Signs of a Fractured Thumb12/17/2014
- Health Tip: Prevent Back Strain12/05/2014
- Common Knee Surgery May Boost Arthritis Risk, Study Suggests12/03/2014
- Health Tip: Take Care of Your Cast12/02/2014
- View More Bones, Joints and Muscles News