Health Tip: Mouth Piercings Can Be Dangerous
(HealthDay News) -- Before you adorn your tongue, lips or other parts of your mouth with jewelry, experts say you should consider the potential dangers.
The American Dental Association mentions says mouth jewelry can cause:
- Dangerous infections due to the bacteria that's normally harbored in your mouth.
- Significant swelling that could impede breathing.
- Choking on a piece of jewelry if it breaks.
- Breaking a tooth from biting down on jewelry.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Top Features in Ear, Nose and Throat
Popular Ear, Nose and Throat Slide Show
Quizzes on Ear, Nose and Throat Health
Health News TodayFeed
- New Combo Approach May Ease Severe 'Ringing in the Ears'12/06/2013
- New Push by Doctors to Limit Antibiotic Use in Kids11/18/2013
- Why Ballet Dancers Can Spin Without Getting Dizzy09/29/2013
- Homemade Blowgun Darts Pose Choking Dangers for Teens07/22/2013
- Health Tip: Reduce the Risk of Canker Sores07/11/2013
- View More Ear, Nose and Throat News