Health Tip: Mouth Piercings Can Be Dangerous
(HealthDay News) -- Before you adorn your tongue, lips or other parts of your mouth with jewelry, experts say you should consider the potential dangers.
The American Dental Association mentions says mouth jewelry can cause:
- Dangerous infections due to the bacteria that's normally harbored in your mouth.
- Significant swelling that could impede breathing.
- Choking on a piece of jewelry if it breaks.
- Breaking a tooth from biting down on jewelry.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Top Features in Ear, Nose and Throat
Popular Ear, Nose and Throat Slide Show
Quizzes on Ear, Nose and Throat Health
Health News TodayFeed
- Unapproved Ear Drops Targeted by FDA07/01/2015
- Why Ringing in the Ears May Be Hard to Treat04/23/2015
- Ear Infections Common, But Often Missed, in Infants04/10/2015
- Ears May Have Natural Defense Against Loud Noise, Mouse Study Shows02/20/2015
- Health Tip: What Causes a Cold Sore?01/12/2015
- View More Ear, Nose and Throat News