Health Tip: Troubled by a Toothache?
(HealthDay News) -- Tooth pain can make eating and drinking difficult, and may signal an infection in or around a tooth -- medically called an abscess.
The University of Michigan Health System says warning signs of an abscess include:
- Throbbing pain, particularly when you're chewing.
- An very tender tooth, especially to the touch.
- Gums that appear red and swollen.
- An unpleasant, salty taste in your mouth.
- A swollen jaw or face.
- A fever.
- A lump in the mouth that appears red, swollen or bloody.
-- Diana Kohnle
Health News Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Top Features in Mouth, Teeth and Oral Health
Mouth, Teeth and Oral Health Quizzes
Health News TodayFeed
- Oil-Swishing Craze: Snake Oil or All-Purpose Remedy?04/18/2014
- Health Tip: Promote Good Oral Health in Children03/27/2014
- Health Tip: Floss Your Child's Teeth03/19/2014
- Health Tip: Grinding Teeth During Sleep03/07/2014
- Health Tip: If Your Child Has a Dental Emergency03/05/2014
- View More Mouth, Teeth and Oral Health News