Health Tip: Eating for Healthier Teeth
(HealthDay News) -- Most parents know the importance of brushing and flossing, but what you eat also is crucial to maintaining good dental health.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers this advice to help preserve a child's dental health:
- Kids should eat foods rich in calcium, such as dairy foods, dark and leafy green vegetables, and almonds.
- They should also eat phosphorous-rich foods, such as eggs, fish and lean meats.
- And they should eat vitamin C-rich foods, such as citrus fruits, potatoes, tomatoes, spinach and broccoli.
-- Diana Kohnle
Top Features in Mouth, Teeth and Oral Health
Mouth, Teeth and Oral Health Quizzes
Health News TodayFeed
- Oil-Swishing Craze: Snake Oil or All-Purpose Remedy?04/18/2014
- Health Tip: Promote Good Oral Health in Children03/27/2014
- Health Tip: Floss Your Child's Teeth03/19/2014
- Health Tip: Grinding Teeth During Sleep03/07/2014
- Health Tip: If Your Child Has a Dental Emergency03/05/2014
- View More Mouth, Teeth and Oral Health News