Health Tip: Eating for Healthier Teeth
(HealthDay News) -- Most parents know the importance of brushing and flossing, but what you eat also is crucial to maintaining good dental health.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers this advice to help preserve a child's dental health:
- Kids should eat foods rich in calcium, such as dairy foods, dark and leafy green vegetables, and almonds.
- They should also eat phosphorous-rich foods, such as eggs, fish and lean meats.
- And they should eat vitamin C-rich foods, such as citrus fruits, potatoes, tomatoes, spinach and broccoli.
-- Diana Kohnle
Top Features in Mouth, Teeth and Oral Health
Mouth, Teeth and Oral Health Quizzes
Health News TodayFeed
- Health Tip: Get the Facts About Gum Disease10/13/2014
- EPA Wants Less Dental Mercury Entering Environment10/06/2014
- Health Tip: Choosing Mouth-Healthy Foods10/02/2014
- Health Tip: Health Tip: Are Your Teeth in a Grind?09/26/2014
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Gum Disease09/24/2014
- View More Mouth, Teeth and Oral Health News