Health Tip: Take Good Care of Dentures
(HealthDay News) -- It's important to take good care of dentures and keep them clean, just like you would your natural teeth.
The American Dental Association offers these suggestions:
- Brush dentures every day.
- Before brushing, rinse dentures to remove debris and food particles.
- Thoroughly brush all areas of your mouth, including your tongue, inside the cheeks, gums and the roof of the mouth.
- When storing your dentures, make sure they're soaking in water, completely covered, and in a safe spot.
- If you use an adhesive, follow instructions carefully.
-- Diana Kohnle
Top Features in Mouth, Teeth and Oral Health
Mouth, Teeth and Oral Health Quizzes
Health News TodayFeed
- Health Tip: Grinding Teeth During Sleep03/07/2014
- Health Tip: If Your Child Has a Dental Emergency03/05/2014
- Getting Teeth Pulled Before Heart Surgery May Pose Serious Risks02/27/2014
- Health Tip: Caring for Kids' Teeth02/26/2014
- Dentists' Group Expands Recommended Use of Fluoride Toothpaste for Kids02/11/2014
- View More Mouth, Teeth and Oral Health News