Health Tip: Take Good Care of Dentures
(HealthDay News) -- It's important to take good care of dentures and keep them clean, just like you would your natural teeth.
The American Dental Association offers these suggestions:
- Brush dentures every day.
- Before brushing, rinse dentures to remove debris and food particles.
- Thoroughly brush all areas of your mouth, including your tongue, inside the cheeks, gums and the roof of the mouth.
- When storing your dentures, make sure they're soaking in water, completely covered, and in a safe spot.
- If you use an adhesive, follow instructions carefully.
-- Diana Kohnle
Health News TodayFeed
- Health Tip: Don't Smoke for a Better Smile 05/17/2013
- Alligator Study Gives Clues to Regrowing Lost Teeth 05/14/2013
- Health Tip: Schedule Baby's First Dental Visit 05/14/2013
- Health Tip: Keep Teeth Healthy During Pregnancy 05/10/2013
- Health Tip: When a Bite Isn't Right 05/06/2013
- View More Mouth, Teeth and Oral Health News
Take a Personalized Health Test
What's Causing Your Symptoms?
15 Ways To Get Better Medicine
People who are actively involved in their medical care stay healthier, recover quicker when they're ill, and live longer, healthier lives.