Health Tip: When Your Child Has a Headache
(HealthDay News) -- Headaches can cause big pain in little kids, and parents want to do whatever they can to ease their children's suffering.
The Nemours Foundation lists these tips to ease headache pain in children:
- Have your child rest in a cool, dark room, and make sure it is quiet.
- Lay a cool, damp cloth across your child's eyes or forehead.
- Help your child relax.
- Show your child how to breathe deeply and slowly.
-- Diana Kohnle
You Might Also Like
Take a Personalized Health Test
Expert Advice from Harvard Medical School
Migraine and Headaches Features
Did You Know?View Source
Health News TodayFeed
- Older Smokers With Migraines May Face Added Stroke Risk07/30/2015
- Childhood Trauma Tied to Migraine Risk as Adult07/03/2015
- Migraine's Link to Higher Heart Disease Risk May Not Be Genetic07/02/2015
- Health Tip: Log Symptoms in a Headache Diary07/01/2015
- Surgery May Help Teens With Frequent Migraines, Study Contends06/25/2015
- View More Migraine & Headaches News