Health Tip: When Your Child Has a Headache
(HealthDay News) -- Headaches can cause big pain in little kids, and parents want to do whatever they can to ease their children's suffering.
The Nemours Foundation lists these tips to ease headache pain in children:
- Have your child rest in a cool, dark room, and make sure it is quiet.
- Lay a cool, damp cloth across your child's eyes or forehead.
- Help your child relax.
- Show your child how to breathe deeply and slowly.
-- Diana Kohnle
You Might Also Like
Take a Personalized Health Test
Expert Advice from Harvard Medical School
Migraine and Headaches Features
Did You Know?View Source
Health News TodayFeed
- Kids Can Get Migraines Too02/17/2015
- Study Rates Migraine Medications01/20/2015
- Abuse in Childhood Tied to Migraines in Adulthood12/24/2014
- Expert Offers Tips for Preventing Holiday Migraines12/24/2014
- Migraine May Raise Risk for Bell's Palsy, Study Suggests12/17/2014
- View More Migraine & Headaches News