Health Tip: Help Control Eye Allergy Symptoms
(HealthDay News) -- If your eyes are red, itchy and watery because of allergies, there are steps you can take to help ease your discomfort.
The American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology offers this advice:
- When heading outside, wear a wide-brimmed hat to help prevent pollen from blowing into the eyes.
- Wear sunglasses when outdoors to help shield the eyes from allergens.
- After spending time outside, use eye drops to help rinse allergens from the eyes.
- Talk with your doctor about taking medication to help relieve symptoms.
-- Diana Kohnle
You Might Also Like
Take a Personalized Health Test
Expert Advice from Harvard Medical School
Did You Know?View Source
Health News TodayFeed
- Study: Pollen Allergies May Raise Risk for Blood Cancers in Women12/04/2013
- Nasal Allergies, Hay Fever Tied to More Migraines in Study11/26/2013
- Breast Milk With Solid Foods Might Stave Off Allergies11/18/2013
- Did Bone Marrow Transplant Cure Peanut Allergy?11/08/2013
- Certain Allergies Plus Blood Pressure Meds Could Be Bad Mix11/08/2013
- View More Allergies News