Health Tip: Help Control Eye Allergy Symptoms
(HealthDay News) -- If your eyes are red, itchy and watery because of allergies, there are steps you can take to help ease your discomfort.
The American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology offers this advice:
- When heading outside, wear a wide-brimmed hat to help prevent pollen from blowing into the eyes.
- Wear sunglasses when outdoors to help shield the eyes from allergens.
- After spending time outside, use eye drops to help rinse allergens from the eyes.
- Talk with your doctor about taking medication to help relieve symptoms.
-- Diana Kohnle
You Might Also Like
Take a Personalized Health Test
Expert Advice from Harvard Medical School
Did You Know?View Source
Health News TodayFeed
- How to Avoid July Fourth Allergy Flare-Ups07/02/2015
- Under-the-Tongue Hay Fever Pills Offer Little Benefit: Study06/30/2015
- Poison Ivy's Gonna Get Ya...06/06/2015
- Do You Need a Doctor for Bug Bites and Bee Stings?05/24/2015
- Can Asthma Protect Men From Prostate Cancer?05/22/2015
- View More Allergies News