Health Tip: Help Control Eye Allergy Symptoms
(HealthDay News) -- If your eyes are red, itchy and watery because of allergies, there are steps you can take to help ease your discomfort.
The American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology offers this advice:
- When heading outside, wear a wide-brimmed hat to help prevent pollen from blowing into the eyes.
- Wear sunglasses when outdoors to help shield the eyes from allergens.
- After spending time outside, use eye drops to help rinse allergens from the eyes.
- Talk with your doctor about taking medication to help relieve symptoms.
-- Diana Kohnle
Health News TodayFeed
- Eyelash Extension Adhesives May Cause Bad Reactions 05/16/2013
- Omega-3s No Help Against Age-Linked Eye Trouble: Study 05/06/2013
- Outdoor Recess May Help Protect Kids From Nearsightedness 05/03/2013
- Preemies' Increased Survival Comes With No Rise in Disabilities: Study 04/30/2013
- Health Tip: Should I See a Doctor for Pinkeye? 04/12/2013
- View More Eyes and Vision News
Take a Personalized Health Test
What's Causing Your Symptoms?
15 Ways To Get Better Medicine
People who are actively involved in their medical care stay healthier, recover quicker when they're ill, and live longer, healthier lives.