Health Tip: Help Control Eye Allergy Symptoms
(HealthDay News) -- If your eyes are red, itchy and watery because of allergies, there are steps you can take to help ease your discomfort.
The American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology offers this advice:
- When heading outside, wear a wide-brimmed hat to help prevent pollen from blowing into the eyes.
- Wear sunglasses when outdoors to help shield the eyes from allergens.
- After spending time outside, use eye drops to help rinse allergens from the eyes.
- Talk with your doctor about taking medication to help relieve symptoms.
-- Diana Kohnle
Top Features in Eyes and Vision
Eyes and Vision Quizzes
Popular Eyes and Vision Slide Show
Health News TodayFeed
- Eylea Approval Expanded to Include Diabetic Retinopathy03/25/2015
- FDA OKs New Drug for Diabetes-Linked Eye Condition03/25/2015
- Measles Can Rob a Child's Sight, Doctors Warn02/20/2015
- Generic Eye Drops for Glaucoma Encourage Greater Use02/19/2015
- Study Compares Drugs for Diabetes-Linked Eye Disease02/18/2015
- View More Eyes and Vision News