Health Tip: Help Control Eye Allergy Symptoms
(HealthDay News) -- If your eyes are red, itchy and watery because of allergies, there are steps you can take to help ease your discomfort.
The American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology offers this advice:
- When heading outside, wear a wide-brimmed hat to help prevent pollen from blowing into the eyes.
- Wear sunglasses when outdoors to help shield the eyes from allergens.
- After spending time outside, use eye drops to help rinse allergens from the eyes.
- Talk with your doctor about taking medication to help relieve symptoms.
-- Diana Kohnle
Top Features in Eyes and Vision
Eyes and Vision Quizzes
Popular Eyes and Vision Slide Show
Health News TodayFeed
- Roundworm Parasite Targets Canine Eyes04/16/2015
- Americans Get Too Many Tests Before Cataract Surgery, Study Finds04/15/2015
- Brain's Visual Center Similar in Sighted and Those Blind From Birth04/14/2015
- Be Careful With That Eyeliner04/07/2015
- Digital Compass Attached to Brain Helps Blind Rats 'See'04/02/2015
- View More Eyes and Vision News