Diaper rash, irritation of the skin in the diaper area, is one of the most common problems in newborns and infants. Almost two-thirds of children will have diaper rash at some point, and a few babies have it many times. Most cases of diaper rash disappear with simple treatments like frequent diaper changes, but some need special treatment.
Content provided by the Faculty of the Harvard Medical School
Medical Reviewer: Faculty of Harvard Medical School Last Annual Review Date: 2006-06-14T00:00:00-06:00
You Might Also Like
Glossary of Children's Health TermsView All Terms
Did You Know?View Source
You can help older siblings adjust to a new baby by including them in the planning process, taking them shopping for baby items, and explaining how they have an important role to play as older siblings and gentle caregivers.
Health News TodayFeed
- Spring Cleaning Safety Tips04/19/2014
- If Kids Think Someone's Watching, They're More Likely to Wash Their Hands04/19/2014
- Drowning Deaths Down Overall, But Still a Problem: Report04/15/2014
- Campfire Precautions Can Protect Kids From Burns04/13/2014
- Protecting Children From Poison Emergencies04/12/2014
- View More Children's Health News