Diaper rash, irritation of the skin in the diaper area, is one of the most common problems in newborns and infants. Almost two-thirds of children will have diaper rash at some point, and a few babies have it many times. Most cases of diaper rash disappear with simple treatments like frequent diaper changes, but some need special treatment.
Content provided by the Faculty of the Harvard Medical School
Medical Reviewer: Faculty of Harvard Medical School Last Annual Review Date: 2006-06-14T00:00:00-06:00
You Might Also Like
Glossary of Children's Health TermsView All Terms
Did You Know?View Source
Teaching kids to be polite is easiest between the ages of 3 and 6, when they're most anxious to please adults.
Health News TodayFeed
- Small Number of Drugs Behind Kids' Accidental Poisonings: CDC09/15/2014
- Few Students With Asthma, Allergies Have School Emergency Plan09/12/2014
- E-Cigarette Refills Pose Danger to Kids, Experts Say09/09/2014
- Serious Childhood Burns Tied to Long-Term Mental Health Risks09/04/2014
- Pediatricians Offer New Dental Recommendations08/25/2014
- View More Children's Health News