Diaper rash, irritation of the skin in the diaper area, is one of the most common problems in newborns and infants. Almost two-thirds of children will have diaper rash at some point, and a few babies have it many times. Most cases of diaper rash disappear with simple treatments like frequent diaper changes, but some need special treatment.
Content provided by the Faculty of the Harvard Medical School
Medical Reviewer: Faculty of Harvard Medical School Last Annual Review Date: 2006-06-14T00:00:00-06:00
You Might Also Like
Glossary of Children's Health TermsView All Terms
Did You Know?View Source
Teaching kids to be polite is easiest between the ages of 3 and 6, when they're most anxious to please adults.
Health News TodayFeed
- Child Sex Trafficking Victims Easily Missed by Doctors, Social Workers: Study03/17/2015
- Low Vaccination Rates Likely Behind Disney Measles Outbreak: Study03/16/2015
- Ebola Outbreak Disrupted Routine Medical Care in West Africa03/12/2015
- Teens Can Easily Buy E-Cigarettes Online03/02/2015
- ER Physician Raises Concerns About Powdered Caffeine02/27/2015
- View More Children's Health News