Diaper rash, irritation of the skin in the diaper area, is one of the most common problems in newborns and infants. Almost two-thirds of children will have diaper rash at some point, and a few babies have it many times. Most cases of diaper rash disappear with simple treatments like frequent diaper changes, but some need special treatment.
Content provided by the Faculty of the Harvard Medical School
Medical Reviewer: Faculty of Harvard Medical School Last Annual Review Date: 2006-06-14T00:00:00-06:00
You Might Also Like
Glossary of Children's Health TermsView All Terms
Did You Know?View Source
Teaching kids to be polite is easiest between the ages of 3 and 6, when they're most anxious to please adults.
Health News TodayFeed
- Poverty May Hinder Kids' Brain Development, Study Says07/20/2015
- Consumer Reports Takes Liquid Detergent Pods Off 'Recommended' List07/16/2015
- Banning Soccer 'Headers' Won't Solve Concussion Problem: Study07/13/2015
- U.S. Hospitals May Often Miss Signs of Child Abuse07/13/2015
- Asbestos Found in Kids' Crayons, Toy Kits: Report07/08/2015
- View More Children's Health News