Diaper rash, irritation of the skin in the diaper area, is one of the most common problems in newborns and infants. Almost two-thirds of children will have diaper rash at some point, and a few babies have it many times. Most cases of diaper rash disappear with simple treatments like frequent diaper changes, but some need special treatment.
Content provided by the Faculty of the Harvard Medical School
Medical Reviewer: Faculty of Harvard Medical School Last Annual Review Date: 2006-06-14T00:00:00-06:00
You Might Also Like
Glossary of Children's Health TermsView All Terms
Did You Know?View Source
Teaching kids to be polite is easiest between the ages of 3 and 6, when they're most anxious to please adults.
Health News TodayFeed
- Pediatricians Offer New Dental Recommendations08/25/2014
- What Parents Need to Know About Sports Participation08/24/2014
- More Children Hit by Cars in September, Experts Say08/18/2014
- Poorly Packed Lunches Can Cause Food Poisoning08/08/2014
- Hot Cars Can Quickly Prove Deadly for Kids08/05/2014
- View More Children's Health News