10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor about...
Colorectal Cancer: 10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor
What does it mean that my cancer must be staged? How is staging done?
How is colorectal cancer treated?
What is a colorectal resection?
What are the risks of the surgery?
What is an ostomy and will I need one?
Will I need radiation therapy in addition to any surgery? Where is this given and by whom?
Will I need any chemotherapy after surgery and after my staging? Where will this be given and by whom?
If radiation therapy is required, what are the side effects? If chemotherapy is necessary, what are the side effects?
How will my condition be monitored during and after my treatments?
Where can I go to find additional information and emotional support?
Glossary of Colorectal TermsView All Terms
We'd like your feedback.
Are you a cancer patient, cancer survivor or a caregiver for a cancer patient? Please complete a very brief survey to improve patient care.
A survey will be presented to you after you finish viewing our Colon Cancer content.
Take a Personalized Health Test
Colon Cancer Features
Colorectal Cancer Related Conditions
Health News TodayFeed
- Germs That Inhabit Gut May Affect Colon Cancer Risk12/06/2013
- New Test May Help Predict Survival From Ovarian Cancer12/04/2013
- Blacks Less Likely to See Cancer Specialists, Study Finds11/22/2013
- Poor Diet May Spur Inflammation-Related Health Problems11/08/2013
- 1 in 3 Not Meeting Colon Cancer Screening Guidelines: CDC11/05/2013
- View More Colon Cancer News