10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor about...
Colorectal Cancer: 10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor
What does it mean that my cancer must be staged? How is staging done?
How is colorectal cancer treated?
What is a colorectal resection?
What are the risks of the surgery?
What is an ostomy and will I need one?
Will I need radiation therapy in addition to any surgery? Where is this given and by whom?
Will I need any chemotherapy after surgery and after my staging? Where will this be given and by whom?
If radiation therapy is required, what are the side effects? If chemotherapy is necessary, what are the side effects?
How will my condition be monitored during and after my treatments?
Where can I go to find additional information and emotional support?
Glossary of Colorectal TermsView All Terms
We'd like your feedback.
Are you a cancer patient, cancer survivor or a caregiver for a cancer patient? Please complete a very brief survey to improve patient care.
A survey will be presented to you after you finish viewing our Colon Cancer content.
Take a Personalized Health Test
Colon Cancer Features
Colorectal Cancer Related Conditions
Health News TodayFeed
- 'Fat Hormone' Tied to Higher Colon Cancer Risk in Obese Men02/20/2014
- Three Groups Miss Out on Colon Cancer Survival Gains, Study Says02/14/2014
- At-Home Stool Test for Colon Cancer Called Accurate, But Not Foolproof02/03/2014
- Progress Against Cancer May Be Greater Than Thought01/20/2014
- Post-Surgical Tests Might Help Spot Colon Cancer's Return01/14/2014
- View More Colon Cancer News