10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor about...
Colorectal Cancer: 10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor
What does it mean that my cancer must be staged? How is staging done?
How is colorectal cancer treated?
What is a colorectal resection?
What are the risks of the surgery?
What is an ostomy and will I need one?
Will I need radiation therapy in addition to any surgery? Where is this given and by whom?
Will I need any chemotherapy after surgery and after my staging? Where will this be given and by whom?
If radiation therapy is required, what are the side effects? If chemotherapy is necessary, what are the side effects?
How will my condition be monitored during and after my treatments?
Where can I go to find additional information and emotional support?
Glossary of Colorectal TermsView All Terms
We'd like your feedback.
Are you a cancer patient, cancer survivor or a caregiver for a cancer patient? Please complete a very brief survey to improve patient care.
A survey will be presented to you after you finish viewing our Colon Cancer content.
Take a Personalized Health Test
Colon Cancer Features
Colorectal Cancer Related Conditions
Health News TodayFeed
- New Device May Show Doctors More of the Colon 05/20/2013
- New Drug May Help Immune System Fight Cancer 05/16/2013
- Fitness in Middle Age May Help Shield Men From Cancer Later 05/16/2013
- Grilling Tips to Cut Colon Cancer Risk 05/11/2013
- Women Smokers More Likely to Get Colon Cancer Than Men: Study 04/30/2013
- View More Colon Cancer News