10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Genital Herpes
10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor about...
What causes genital herpes? Can it be cured?
How is genital herpes spread?
What are common symptoms of genital herpes?
How long does a genital herpes outbreak usually last? How often do outbreaks occur?
Are medications available to treat genital herpes? How do they work?
What steps can I take to prevent future outbreaks?
What are possible complications of genital herpes?
Should I tell a new partner that I have genital herpes? How do you do that?
What can I do to avoid passing herpes to my partner? Can I pass herpes to my partner even when I don’t have symptoms?
I’m having a hard time coping with my diagnosis. Can you refer me to someone who can help?
Glossary of Genital Herpes TermsView All Terms
Take a Personalized Health Test
Expert Advice from Harvard Medical School
Genital Herpes Features
Did You Know?View Source
Once you have herpes, an infection can recur at any time. Women typically endure longer and more severe recurrent infections than men.
Health News TodayFeed
- Immune Cell Discovery May One Day Lead to Herpes Vaccine: Study 05/08/2013
- HPV Vaccination Sends Genital Wart Cases Plummeting: Study 04/19/2013
- Millions of Americans Have an STD: Report 02/14/2013
- New Vaccine Strategy May Fight Genital Herpes, Mouse Study Suggests 10/17/2012
- HPV Vaccine Found Safe in Large Study 10/01/2012
- View More Genital Herpes News