Hypertension 10 Questions
10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor about...
What does “hypertension” mean? What are the risks associated with having high blood pressure?
What is my target blood pressure number? Is this goal different for someone who has had a heart attack?
How often do I need to check my blood pressure? Will my blood pressure number change throughout the day?
I don’t feel sick—do I really need to take medication every day?
What are the names of my medications? How long will I have to take these medications?
Do these medications have side effects? If so, how should I handle them?
Are there drugs or supplements I shouldn’t take while I’m on blood pressure medications?
What foods should I be eating more of? What foods should I eat less of?
How often should I schedule follow-up appointments?
What else can I do to help lower my blood pressure?
Glossary of Hypertension TermsView All Terms
Take a Personalized Health Test
Expert Advice from Harvard Medical School
Did You Know?View Source
Hypertension Related Conditions
Health News TodayFeed
- Too Much Alcohol at Midlife Raises Stroke Risk, Study Finds01/29/2015
- Following Blood Pressure Guidelines Saves Lives, Dollars: Study01/29/2015
- Do Pregnant Women Need High Blood Pressure Treatment?01/28/2015
- Watch Upper Number on Blood Pressure for Younger Adults: Study01/27/2015
- Insomnia Linked to High Blood Pressure in Study01/26/2015
- View More Hypertension News